Saturday, August 10, 2013

"I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers." Ephesians 1:16

Before I began writing this post, I looked through all the pictures of my students that I have taught, gotten to know, and learned from for the past 10 days or so. I have sat looking out the window recalling the smiles that we shared, the worship that we had together, and most of all, remembering their testimonies. I remember how many of them come from places where the Gospel is not accepted. I remember how one student told of his father being shut out of their families house because he began to follow Jesus. I remember of one student sharing of how she was beaten for believing in Christ. I remember various students telling of sicknesses or near death experiences and had it not been for the grace of God, they would have not been at Logos. I remember them testifying to the mercy and grace that God has had on their life. I remember

As I remember, I pray for them. I pray selfishly that I'll see them again. I pray that they would be safe and that the Lord would keep them. I pray that their needs are provided for. I pray that their families would come to know Christ - especially those that come from Hindu families. But even as I pray those things, I reminded that it is not "safe" to follow Christ. That idea is just my comfortable, American way of thinking. With tears, I pray that regardless of all those things, that the Gospel would be advanced by the very people we have spent time with the past two weeks.

MDIV 1st year students! They are all so sweet, humble, and so honoring. I thank the Lord for these.

BTH 2nd year students! This group was so funny and, of course, so sweet to me! I am so thankful for the way they loved me.
I thank these students so much for sharing their stories with me, for loving me, for serving and honoring Michael and me while we were with them, and most importantly for desiring to be faithful servants of the Most High God.

So I'll leave this post with one of my favorite Psalm and one that I often quote. This is my prayer for them:

May God be gracious to you and bless you
and make his face shine upon you,
that His way may be known on earth
and His saving power among all nations.
Let the peoples praise you, O God;
let all the peoples praise you!

No comments: