Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Who am I as a writer? Meme Essay



I'll never forget hearing these words as I wrote my (what I thought was awesome) story on that ugly three colored lined paper - yuck!


Writing was about perfection - revisions were just rewriting it more neatly.


But then I wouldn't make the grade I thought I should - or better yet, I would put no time into it and still make an A. Looking back I know those weren't perfect papers nor did I put into it what an A paper probably needed.


What does it take for me to be a good writer?


Talk about rough writing....ha!


Professors in college be like:

I struggled when instructions didn't seem clear to me. I wrote in fear that I wasn't writing what they wanted me to write.



Everything changed when I began journaling on my own


My attitude about writing changed.


Now I feel like I can encourage my students as I write along with them.


I had problems writing to a public audience, though. So I identify with that feeling in my students.



I struggle with being vulnerable. Obviously this guy doesn't! eek!







No comments: