Monday, October 21, 2013

Two Pink Lines

I know this post is late, but since we kept it quiet for so long I thought I would share now...

Over the past weekend, Michael and I have been enjoying a weekend away for our 5th wedding anniversary. It was a great time of rest and just enjoying one another. It was a time of reflecting on the Lord's grace in our lives through the covenant of marriage. We left early to get some things done for our annual Halloween Bash that we hold for the youth and we finally settled on living room furniture that was long overdue. Needless to say, the last thing we thought this weekend would hold would be a life changing realization.


There were some things that just didn't seem quite right and I was determined that if those things were still at play when we got home then I would take a pregnancy test. To be honest, it would not be the first one I would take as Michael and I have desired that the Lord would bless us with children for over two years now. When we got home, Michael went out to the shed to work on something and I went on in the house to unpack. I finally got the nerve (which I thought was probably pointless) to take a test. To my surprise, it instantly showed positive. I cannot do justice with words to explain what went on inside of my body. My whole body was shaking; my heart was racing. I'm still not sure if I was excited or scared out of my mind as to what that tiny little stick meant. I ran to the door and with a tone that signaled to Michael something was wrong, he quickly came running to the house. I took him by the hand, told him and walked to the bathroom. After we both looked at it and were both speechless, I went on to take two other tests that did not hesitate to instantly show that we were in fact pregnant. And so the journey begins...



No comments: