Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Oh, Common Core...

So, I'm trying to writing thorough lesson plans this year. I'm not saying that I haven't been detailed before, but I actually want to include promptings that I give my students, questions to guide our discussions, etc. Along with the thorough-ness I am trying to make sure that all of my objectives align with the objectives found in the common core. After all, why do something that is not aligned? Therefore, I have now spent multiple days trying to figure out which objective fits what I'm doing. I'm super grateful for the fellow teachers that compiled a quick guide to finding the objectives; however, they are not specific. All in all, it will be good for our students, but oh to learn a new curriculum. This takes time. So for all of you that can empathize with me, here's to frustrating times of reading standards and figuring out what the heck they're talking about and how that matches up! Back to standardizing!

No comments: