Thursday, May 23, 2013

Reminscing...If only I could have known how I should cherish every moment.

Learning to cherish every moment that the Lord has given you is very difficult, especially when you lack wisdom and experience. I look back now and people that I have met, places I have been, and things I have learned have never been more sweeter.

I have days when a song or a phrase reminds me of someone that the Lord has so graciously placed in my life. I am so indeed thankful for his goodness to me in providing those people to me.

I could try to write all of the things and the little details that I didn't understand then, but it would far outweigh the amount of time that I have to write. I would be writing those memories until my last breath. But for now, I will only say how grateful I am for the Lord's goodness to me despite my unfaithful running away from everything that he placed before me. Oh how he pursued me relentless like he told Hosea to do to Gomer. I am so very grateful that he came after me with a relentless pursuit. After all, that is exactly what our gracious Father does. He comes after His own.

I am reminded that in blatant disobedience, He placed those people in my life that would force me to follow His will even if they were not aware. I'm thankful for a boss who told me to go and serve one summer and preserved my job so that it was there when I returned. For in that one summer, God ordained me to meet my husband. God gave my husband a clear direction as a result of that summer. God granted so many tiny (seeming at the time) details during that single event that effected not only our lives but the lives around us - and for that, I'm so thankful.

I guess to sum this up since it has been a draft for quite sometime is this - I may not understand (nor like) sometimes why we are here, why I am a teacher, why this or that, etc. but I do know that in every single event, every day, every moment, God is doing a million different things all pointing the world back to himself, all to glorify himself, all to result in good of those who love him and are called according to his purpose. So what if I don't "like" something or understand what's going on or what he could possibly be doing in a situation. I must have faith that he is working all things for His glory, for the sake of the world knowing of His Son. This alone will be my focus and what will get me through even those toughest days. After all, he has been faithful and proven himself a million fold!

No comments: